Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Motor electrical question

On 4/29/2015 1:13 PM, dpb wrote:
Gunner fired this volley i

But the bearings/bushings ARE the problem..so ask yourself
...can you replace them yourself? Or does he need to order a new
motor....?

Gunner makes a good point. If the (I'll bet bushings) are even a little
snug when cold, you can bet they'll bind up when hot.

If Festool is using only bushings in a $650 shop-vac, I'm _sure_ they're
more than just over-priced.

I'm pretty sure that I read that it has bearings. Festool does not
consider them serviceable and sells the motor-fan for $95.

Bob