Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Over-hyped 3D Printing Continues To Disappoint

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:11:42 AM UTC-7, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 07:37:58 -0700, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

On 4/29/2015 7:28 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:33:39 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 21:21:56 -0500
Martin Eastburn wrote:

snip
Artificial arms, legs are being made with 3-D printers. It is dropping
the cost for more to have them.

A local article ran in our paper about this late last year:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...oler_gets.html

"CEDAR SPRING, MI - The robotics team from West Catholic High School
gave a 4-year-old Cedar Trails Elementary student the right hand she
never had on Thursday, Dec. 19.

"I'm going to paint them (nails) pink," said Harmony Taylor with a big
smile as she pulled on each finger of her customized Robohand and
strolled around the school media center, getting a feel for the device
and using it.

Using it, she easily picked up the gift bag from the West Catholic
students who made the device. It included a bottle of pink nail
polish..."

According to a government source, there were over 12,000 articles
published about AM/3D printing a few years ago. The number now is
higher. The general press has gone ga-ga over it.

Thus, some people are "disappointed" that it hasn't revolutionized
manufacturing. But the only people who would feel that way are people
who have no understanding of manufacturing technology. I didn't read
the original post in this thread so I don't know who is saying they're
"disappointed,"

It was ban-queer, of course - who else? 3D printing, DOHC engines -
ban-queer can never stop humiliating himself.

Aha. Well, people should do what they do best, and that's the best
part of Jonnie Bonkers' advanced skill-set.

--
Ed Huntress

Spoken like the worthless pay for play ad copy writer slow eddy truly is.

What slow eddy does best is regurgitate press releases from those who advertise in the worthless rags he works for.