Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Cheap oil prices chop jobs by thousands

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 20:22:50 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip
Bush's first Iraq war was too late to save the Kuwaitis. They pretty
much pillaged, looted, burned, and got home before we got there.

snip

Remember this is only one of several major events in the ME
resulting from U. S. uncoordinated and egregious meddling.

N.B. *YOU* are paying for these "fun and games" with your
(and your children's) money and blood.

*ONE* of the factors that are now contributing to the
current ME turmoil:

(1) Iraq was incited, aided, and abetted to attack Iran by
the U. S. for kicking our oil companies out, and seizing the
Embassy/taking Embassy personnel hostage (who appear, based
on documents said to have been recovered from the Embassy to
have been inciting a counter-coup as in 1952
http://tinyurl.com/augerb ), among other things.
http://tinyurl.com/or327kr

(2) Iraq was loaned huge sums of money by the U. S. via
Italy to finance his war against Iran, which he was unable
to repay. see
http://tinyurl.com/octde8a
http://tinyurl.com/psd7gvm
http://tinyurl.com/neohqjj

(3) There appears to have been gross miscommunication about
the need to repay the loans in that Hussein seems to have
been given the impression he could attack Kuwait, and seize
their oil to repay. The U. S. Iraqi Ambassador, April
Galspie never made clear what was communicated to Hussein.
http://tinyurl.com/kxf7l
http://tinyurl.com/nhhlbj2
snip
10. Hussein therefore began to think about using his armed
forces to insist upon resolution of the border and monetary
disputes. He threatened to do so about a year before the
August 2nd invasion at OPEC and Arab League meetings; hence
the now famous meetings with Robert Dole and other US
senators[5] in April, 1990 and April Glaspie in July, 1990.

At that July meeting, less than a month before the invasion
of Kuwait, Hussein complained that the borders of Kuwait and
Iraq were drawn in colonial times, by colonial powers.
Glaspie replied, “"We studied history at school. They taught
us to say freedom or death. I think you know well that we...
have our experience with the colonialists. We have no
opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border
disagreement with Kuwait."
/snip

(4) It appears there was a total lack of communications
within the U. S. government, with the [rogue] banking
faction urging Hussein on to get their money back, and the
Presidential faction [Bush I had close ties with Kuwait, who
may not have know about the attack plans] defending Kuwait
(after the fact). Almost all of the "evidence" justifying
the US-Iraq war was fantasy, echoing the Gulf of Tonkin. for
one example [WMD are another] see
http://tinyurl.com/5t854sd
and
http://tinyurl.com/nc5wlve [this is totally suborned /
purjured testamony. It is not known if this was sworn
testamony, but an Oscar winning performance...]

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"