Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Cheap oil prices chop jobs by thousands

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:23:48 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...
.... Indeed,
absorbing a 9-11 every 3 to 5 years would be cost effective
compared to the open-ended "war on terror," not counting
the direct costs of Homeland Security, the TSA, NSA, etc.
and the non-economic costs of the loss of individual
privacy, and warrantless searches of luggage, vehicles,
computers, etc. at every opportunity.
--
Unka' George

Would you offer yourself as a likely victim, as our military and
embassy personnel do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_Mueller

I had my turn at it.
-jsw

=================

==When you go looking for trouble you almost always find
it.==

The fault does not lie with the people putting their a** on
the line every day, but rather with the people that put them
in the position of having to do so. They did as they were
asked, but they were asked to do the wrong things.

For starters we could remove as many of our military and
embassy personnel as practical from "harms way," by
reducing the sizes/staffs of Embassies (possibly with
downgrade to Consulate), restricting the numbers/staffs of
Consulates to the minimum required, and restricting overseas
military deployments, with the rationale that "the devil
finds work for idle hands."

Congress is accountable for this mess as they keep enacting
the Omnibus budget bills and Continuing Resolutions that
fund these activities, while failing to enact legislation
limiting embassy staff size (thus limiting their ability to
meddle), and restricting the freedom of movement
(grounding?) of the Embassador in critical locations,
reducing their exposure.

If Stevens and Smith had been restricted to the Embassy
grounds they would most likely been alive today, and if
there was no Benghazi consulate, there could have been no
attack. http://tinyurl.com/c3vdumk

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"