Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Over-hyped 3D Printing Continues To Disappoint

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 9:04:15 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:
http://3dprint.com/59177/makerbot-layoffs/

This looks very promising:

Video 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpH1zhUQY0c

Video 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTJq9Z5g4Jk

https://lnkd.in/bZ6uzzb

"Jon, I'm usually a huge 3d printing skeptic but i agree. Carbon3D's technology could be a game changer. Not only does it offer an order of magnitude improvement in speed, but if it truly prints continuously, it completely alters the concept of print resolution.

At the same time, I see no evidence for this manufacturing paradigm shift towards a distributed model relying heavily on 3dp, which 'maker' types believe in."