AHilton

Default Anyone Used Sorby Texture and Spiraling Tool

Yep. It's a nifty tool. Some things take a little practice to get a good,
even effect but it's not bad at all. You need to adjust not only the tool
wheels/cutters but also lathe speed, contact angle, and speed sweeping
across the work with the tool. Works on endgrain and sidegrain. The only
problem is not wanting to use it on everything. Remember, "restraint" and
less is more. Never could get a good spiral out of it though. Didn't work
on it too hard on that one either.

Have fun,

- Andrew

Now my question:

Has anyone ever used the Texture and Spiraling Tool? I am curious if it

is
as easy to use as the instructions indicate? The packaged instructions

are
minimal, but I printed off some more complete instructions from the Sorby
website.
--
Ken Vaughn
Visit My Workshop: http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/