Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What Ive been doing the past several weeks

Gunner Asch on Fri, 17 Apr 2015 00:47:09 -0700
On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:54:41 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Thu, 16 Apr 2015 01:49:46 -0700
On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:19:16 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Send the $7,000 materials/permits/inspections check and I'll do it in
a heartbeat. I have room to expand on the pumphouse side.

Doesnt cost $7k to get a seatrain in there, does it?

I may have missed it, but did you tell us what that gear box was going
to be driving?

Jeff

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02602/PFRoller

Its a titanium rolling mill. For rolling titanium billets thinner and
thinner until they get to the proper dimensions

Seems to me, them there billets are going to be surfaced hardened
to a fare thee well by the time you're done.

They will be coming and going from the furnace and will be white hot
when they hit the roller, then back ot the furnace. The furnaces are
within 30 feet..and are the size of 3 car garages Internally.

Even have roll up doors on the front of them and are deep enough to
heat a 20'x 24" bar red hot in a surprisingly short length of time

https://plus.google.com/photos/10404...51068913804722

Blow that one up. It had come out of the furnace and had been hammered
for 5 minutes before I took the photo. Another couple minutes and it
went back into the oven.

Oh, "cool" - I worked in a found which had those sorts of setups.
Nice in January - glad I was not there in August.
--
pyotr filipivich