Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane tank for forklift

On 2015-04-16, Tom Gardner wrote:
Is it possible and easy to adapt a BBQ type propane tank to use on a
forklift?

No.

Forklift propane tanks feed liquid propane fron the bottom of the
tank.

BBQ tanks supply propane vapor from the top of the tank.

Just get a forklift propane tank.

I assumed I would have to lay the tank on it's side to get liquid. Is
there something internal in the tank to prevent that?

I did see a tank on Craig's list for $100 half full, and I can probably
borrow one and can always rent one. I just thought it would be
convenient to use a BBQ tank.