Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. Slocomb[_2_] John B. Slocomb[_2_] is offline

Default Off topic. No metal working here. Hillary Clinton 'to announce 2016 presidential campaign'

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 07:01:01 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:33:20 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

John B. Slocomb on Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:07:32
+0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

My cat would be an improvement.

I am positively certain that if we went out and randomly grabbed 535
Americans from all walks of life (except government) to put in
Congress, they could and would do a much, much better job than the
current greedy, corrupt runts (from both aisles) who are in there now.
This includes any folks from the insane asylums, street people,
druggies, etc.

You may be correct.... right up to the time that the "common man"
discovers how much the medical companies will donate to his election
fund; or the corn farmers;; or any of the other "special interest"
groups.

Which is the real problem: not the money which flows into campaign
coffers, but the money from the Treasury which the Congressman can
direct For the Benefit of Hardworking Americans! Harumph, harumph. Or
the legislation mandating Safety Standards to Protect the American
Consumer!

Those are big problems, but they are among other big problems. We
have a government which is 4x too big, doing 400x too much (both here
and abroad), and for the wrong reasons. Foreign aid and asylum are
both shams and scams. 17 different departments all do the same task,
16 being superfluous. Social Security and Welfare aren't checking for
fraud. Nobody ensures that the checks are going to valid entities, not
dead people or pets. Our borders leak terrorists and usurpers each
and every day. Some day soon, we are going to pay dearly for that,
either with the terrorists doing their thing or the Hispanics reaching
majority. The way Homeland Security is responding to this is very
telling. Instead of securing the borders, they arm up with billions
of rounds and fully auto weapons for their people, then they buy tens
of millions of body bags and plastic coffins. Methinks they want an
internal war so they can declare Martial Law and go play with their
new toys on both the American public and the tangoes, to hell with
peace and freedom. Got Preps?

IF it were not for the opportunities for graft, no body would
really want the job.

The Mr. Smiths of America will always be ready to take the jobs for
the right reasons. But once the gov't is pared down to the size it
_should_ be, it will take far, far fewer bodies to fill those jobs.

Years ago someone commented that no one, on either side, "wanted the
War on Drugs to cease". The sellers because the market price would
shrink to that of corn meal and the enforcers because their budget
would shrink to 1932 levels.

And that is pretty much true for all levels of government/industry. In
the military I was assigned to Edwards AFB for a while and the
civilian run maintenance shops there all had astonishing amounts of
"back order" work that they were "struggling" to overcome. But when
you actually spent time in the shop the guys were talking, drinking
coffee and eating donuts. Shortly after being assigned to the shop I
was called into the shop chief's office and criticized for doing a job
in 15 minutes that had been estimated as a five hour job - he said
that "You make the scheduler look bad".
--
Cheers,

John B.