Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Off topic. No metal working here. Hillary Clinton 'to announce 2016 presidential campaign'

John B. Slocomb on Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:07:32
+0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

My cat would be an improvement.

I am positively certain that if we went out and randomly grabbed 535
Americans from all walks of life (except government) to put in
Congress, they could and would do a much, much better job than the
current greedy, corrupt runts (from both aisles) who are in there now.
This includes any folks from the insane asylums, street people,
druggies, etc.

You may be correct.... right up to the time that the "common man"
discovers how much the medical companies will donate to his election
fund; or the corn farmers;; or any of the other "special interest"
groups.

Which is the real problem: not the money which flows into campaign
coffers, but the money from the Treasury which the Congressman can
direct For the Benefit of Hardworking Americans! Harumph, harumph. Or
the legislation mandating Safety Standards to Protect the American
Consumer!

IF it were not for the opportunities for graft, no body would
really want the job.
--
pyotr filipivich