Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What Ive been doing the past several weeks

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 22:35:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:57:38 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:21:30 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 20:56:04 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
I just want a mini-mill.

Come back down and we can negotiate on that 2/3 sized Bridgeport clone
in the back 40.

Dat ain't a mini and there's just no room for it.

Hell ...its 1/4 the size of my Gorton MasterMill. It doesnt have much
bigger a footprint than a 55 gallon drum. Cant fit one of those in a
corner somewhere??

If it won't fit in the lone deer path I have running through the shop
now, I can't use it.

Build a shop out back.

Send the $7,000 materials/permits/inspections check and I'll do it in
a heartbeat. I have room to expand on the pumphouse side.

Doesnt cost $7k to get a seatrain in there, does it?

They get $2,800 for a plain 40' shipping container down here.
If you send $4k, that might cover one. Box, ramp, rollup door,
lighting windows, A/C (you know how farkin' hot they get),
electricity, etc. I could move my budding metal shop into it. I
haven't had room to mount the bender, but I'm thinking about putting
in a concrete pad with some 4x4 square tubing which would work as a
base for it. I haven't needed it much yet.

I'd rather have a tall, deep, 2-car shop, though, with loft for extra
storage of all the lighter stuff. So make it $7-10k, alright?

Oh, and thanks for the offer!

--
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails,
admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.