Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Off topic. No metal working here. Hillary Clinton 'to announce 2016 presidential campaign'

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 22:33:08 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:37:12 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:16:07 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 20:53:35 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:50:39 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 09:56:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 4:55:22 PM UTC-4, 3B8E. ? M^i^g^h^t^y ? W^a^n^n^a^b^e ?. 0763 wrote:

Nothing about metalworking. What is the matter? Is everyone here so involved with politics that they have no time for metal working.

Dan

I got the repair parts yesterday for the new to me Suzuki DT4 outboard
(4hp) and will be installing them this morning, test running it, then
mounting it on the sailboat it was purchased for.

Back 40 needs some cleaning up..lots of machinery and metal bits need
to be racked..and the room mate..bless his pointed head..needs to put
my lawn mower and chainsaw back together..which means Ill be doing
that. I did sell one of my spare welders yesterday and loaded a young
guy up on metrology gear, end mills, lathe tooling and other stuff for
his hobby gunsmithing shop.

Hows that?

PDFTFT.

???

Please Don't Feed The F'kin Troll.

Ah!

Humm...MightyWatchacallet never has participated in any metal working
discussion best as I can recall, come to think of it. I was running a
trial version of Forte Agent 8 and didnt have the kill file set up, so
thats why I saw his posts. He was trying to be "smart" LOL..and
changing his ID with letters and charector changes on each post so he
slipped through. My old standby version of Agent has him locked up
pretty tight.

Anyways..I answered his question. right enough, did I not?

Yessir, yadid.

Hey, I got in some metalworking today. Client wanted two Sauder
termitebarf bookcases assembled, but one of the doors had a faulty
knob. It turns out that a piece of casting drip had insinuated itself
into the hole for the screw. I had to grab it with needlenose pliers
to get it out a bit, then grab it with dykes to pull it out. It was
half an inch long, a flat-sided drip of metal. If the end weren't so
perfect, I'd have said someone purposely put it there. Anyway, I had
to run the screw through a die and zap a tap through the knob to clean
up the threads.

Second, I received a januwine Chiwanese hand vise in the mail today
and the plastic knob on the jaw adjuster unscrewed the first time I
tried to tighten it on a small object. I thought I could just drill
and pin it to the shaft. Lo and behold, the plastic knob turned out
to be black painted aluminum! The shaft was nickel plated brass. A
hex 5/32" bit slowly went through it, powered by my little Ryobi Tek4
drill motor. A name brand (Harbor Freight) roll pin was then pressed
into the resultant hole and the tool called GOOD.

Does that make me a machinist now? gd&r

--
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails,
admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.