Chuck

Default apple

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 02:26:25 GMT, Reyd wrote:

I got several large apple limbs yesterday, I am planning on turning
most of them thin and green, then letting them warp.
but I am wondering how to store the blanks until I can use them(there is
quite a lot of it)
could I just stick them all in a bag, and add shavings as I turn?
I think it will take me a few weeks to get through it all.

Reyd,

I have had variable luck with end-sealing with Anchor Seal, and Andy's
idea of submerging them in water sounds pretty good, too.

My main comment is this, though -- Save every scrap of the apple wood
and all of the shavings! Don't let them get mixed up with other
shavings, and keep them in a bag where they won't mildew. You'll be
hard-pressed to find anything better to smoke a piece of pork, chicken
or beef with, on the grill. You don't even have to have a smoker,
just a hunk of aluminum foil and a double handful of soaking-wet
shavings, chunks, or whatever you've got. Put 'em on the fire,
wrapped up in the aluminum foil, with a couple of holes poked in it,
and let 'er smoke! MMMMMmmmm, is that some good eatin'!

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget