Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman[_4_] Don Foreman[_4_] is offline

Default Controlling heating elements in a heat tunnel

First, let me say that I told ya wrong: some of these low melting
point alloys really do contain lead, cadmium or both.

That said, there are low melting point alloys that contain neither
lead nor cadmium, for those who have particular sensitivity to or
fear of those elements. Please see, e.g.,
http://www.csalloys.com/specifications.html

Regard, please, that at these low temperatures the vapor pressures of
lead and cadmium are miniscule compared to what they'd be at even
soldering temperatures -- and I think Tawm would responsibly provide
ventilation in an industrial setting to meet OSHA requirements and
otherwise operate responsibly.

On Sat, 11 Apr 2015 11:02:14 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

dforeman fired this volley in
:

They contain no lead
so they're not hazardous.

And often cadmium, which is. There is mostly tin and bismuth in there, but
there are other metals in there to tune the melting point; some are toxic
to a high degree.

Lloyd