Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Those are good plugs, but if you add half a dozen to carry the
current,
that is a code violation in many places.

Martin

On 4/11/2015 6:24 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
Look at welding cable plug/sockets.

Lots of power - easy to attach and mount.
Just a smaller hole and plug and harder to find in the dark.

It was also invented before welding machines.

Auto stuff was designed to last in TIME.
Martin

If you want maximum performance you can specify military circular
connectors. We did for the electric car's battery cables.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Mi...specifications

-jsw

One large pin carried the full current. I needed a 100W iron to solder
it.

-jsw