Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] lostfrom68jay@yahoo.com is offline

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

It's cheaper to select from consumer-goods parts. Maybe these:

http://www.pimfg.com/Product/Power-Cable-Connectors

Yeah. Those are actually called Speak-On. Invented by Neutrix and the industry standard for PA speakers. Way better than the ciggie plug system. About the same size, though. I didn't know they were in use for other purposes, but it makes sense. They are cheap, reliable, and available in 2, 4, or 8 pole.

As to cars without ciggie plugs. Maybe there isn't an actual lighter and ashtray, but it's still the same socket, isn't it? My whole point is that maybe it's time for a different 12v connector protocol in cars. Sometimes I just can't seem to adequately explain my ideas. I must be just dumb or getting Alzheimers...or?