Jerry Hall

Default Nova2 vs Vicmarc: Advice please - Thanks

Guy, Lyn, William, and others

Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed consideration of my needs. I have
decided to go with the Vicmarc 120 as my first, but most certainly not my
last chuck. But as you all say I wouldn't go wrong with either. My
"reasoning" is that:
- Definitely want a hex key driven chuck, based on the feedback I have
gotten here and with a local "mentor" with a variety of chewed up keys.
- Am not one to try something that is just new out the door (Nova 2), and
that I haven't been able to talk to someone with direct experience.
Especially for my first chuck, and ordering it all the way from Australia.
I am sure by the end of the year there will be a lot of Nova2 users to talk
to, but my need is now and I am risk adverse.
- Like the idea of having one bigger chuck for the PM3520A, and can always
get smaller chuck such as the Nova2 as my interests grow. I doubt I will be
wanting to swap the basic jaws out of the Vicmarc as I understand I will be
likely to use the 2-1/2" most of the time.
- I have actually had some hands on time with the VM120 recently, so I know
what I am getting.

So, unless my reasoning is wobbly, I will be ordering the VM120 in the a.m.

Thanks again. You have all been most kind.

Jerry