Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slightly OT - Good connector for high load car accessories?

. 4.170...
"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in
@dont-email.me:

I doubt the fuses in a car would survive the current from a good
battery to one too dead to start the engine.

All the time, Jim... they're usually current-limited by a PTC
thermistor in
series.

Lloyd

In my car they are on 10A fuses, #27 for the dash and #6 for the cargo
compartment. Those tap off 40A fuses #42 and #54 in the under-hood
fusebox, per the shop manual circuit diagram here.

I know very well what PTC thermistors are, as I was threatened with a
lawsuit for using them to sense liquid levels until I showed the
lawyer that one triggered the Low Fuel light in my Accord.
-jsw