Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default looking for special crimp-stud-thing

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 15:41:56 +0000 (UTC), unk wrote:

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 06:10:28 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

unk fired this volley in news:mfob30$m1m$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

That'd work, but the bit I saw was a lot shorter, and it had a bit of a
flange, about 3/8", between the threaded section and the crimp. The
crimp part was only 3/8" or so long.

Um.... NOW that you know what they're called...

And exactly WHY could you not cut down an aluminum stud? No "special
aluminum cutting lathe"? Oh... wait... if you had that...

Lloyd

I have several lathes, and a hacksaw, and sundry other tools...

...but it's not a one-off, this is an idea for a friend who might use
MANY of these bits so eliminating a few steps for a few cents extra makes
sense.

What kind of quantity is your friend looking for? I wouldn't mind
bidding the job. Then your friend could get exactly what he wanted.
Eric Snow,
E T Precision Machine