Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default All Out for Fort Stinkindesert

On Sun, 5 Apr 2015 09:52:13 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 2:44:48 AM UTC-4, Howard Beal wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

That's what you get when you allow nearly unlimited development with
little idea about how you're going to keep all those people, farms,
and industries hydrated. Whoever drinks the last drop from the San
Joaquin River should turn the lights out before he leaves.

There was an intresting blurb on the news tonight, in an
interview a rice farmer in northern CA. said he plans to sell
his water allotment rather than plant rice because he could make
more money in doing so. Makes me wonder if some day water will cost
more than gasoline in LALA land.

If the water resources industry gets more lucrative than the Bush's beloved oil and gas crowd, then that's where the top corporate lawyers will go with their "spin".

Before long, I bet all of a sudden California will never have drought problems again.

California will have endless, and growing, water shortages unless and
until they start pricing water on market principles. Otherwise,
they're screwed.

--
Ed Huntress