Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default All Out for Fort Stinkindesert

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 23:46:18 -0700, "Howard Beal"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

That's what you get when you allow nearly unlimited development with
little idea about how you're going to keep all those people, farms,
and industries hydrated. Whoever drinks the last drop from the San
Joaquin River should turn the lights out before he leaves.

--
Ed Huntress

There was an intresting blurb on the news tonight, in an interview
a rice farmer in northern CA. said he plans to sell his water alotment
rather than plant rice because he could make more money in doing

When, oh when, will our elected representatives start watching out for
the public (and the COUNTRY), as they are supposed to? _Farmers_
should be given _farming_ water allotments ONLY when they _farm_,
damnit.

so. Makes me wonder if some day water will cost more than gasoline
in LALA land.

It already does. Bottled water has been more expensive than gas for
years.

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron