Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default All Out for Fort Stinkindesert

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 22:42:33 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 4/4/2015 7:10 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 18:19:36 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 4/4/2015 2:09 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
The New York Times, which has embarked on some new formats lately, has
a blowup article on California's drought in the current NYT Magazine.
There's some good info there on the prospects for California
businesses, large and small.

If you're interested:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/us...ss-growth.html

California gets a reality check and irony of ironies, Guv Moonbeam is
leading the way!

God bless Vespucciland!

David

G Well, Moonbeam or not, a multi-year drought takes no prisoners.
It's a good thing that global warming is a hoax and this is all part
of a natural cycle, eh? That will make the Californians feel much
better about it.

I don't think GW is a hoax, I suspect AGW is and, regardless, I doubt
that there is much we can do about it. Our being able to change global
cycles is like an ant altering the path of a glacier.

David

If it's a natural cycle, then that's probably true. But all anyone
except a serious climatologist has is "suspicions." Real
climatologists have, at least, probabilities.

But judging from the threads going on here, however much warming is
going on, humans are at least generating a vast amount of
anthropogenic wind. d8-)

Whenever I read of California's woes, I can't help but think, "Ain't
Karma a bitch?"

David

That's what you get when you allow nearly unlimited development with
little idea about how you're going to keep all those people, farms,
and industries hydrated. Whoever drinks the last drop from the San
Joaquin River should turn the lights out before he leaves.

--
Ed Huntress