Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Narrow grating 1/4" spacing, common products?

John Doe wrote:
whit3rd wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Either corrosion resistant metal or a plastic. Something about the
size of a barbecue grill grating. But the grates could be narrow
flatbar vertically oriented. Looks like most barbecue grill grates
are spaced almost 1/2", that's too much spacing. Needs to be about
1/4" spacing.

For sifting, Yes. For channeling, maybe not. It would be better if you
can coax the clumped waste into sliding as it meets the rake, as much as
possible, on its way into the receptacle. I want the clumps to hang up
as little as possible on their way to the trashcan, in theory.

There is one good sifting method. But you have to pour all of the litter
from one box into the other every time you sift. If you could sift from
the bottom up without having to do that, it would be great. Problem is
getting the sifting material back into position at the bottom of the
litter.

The barbecue grill looks really good if I can affix some thin metal/plastic
rods between the widely spaced rods, or find a closely spaced version.
Obviously it would be better than trying to make the whole thing by myself.

Thanks.

If you want metal you could try a couple
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ACE-Metal-...06600/26853226
Jusy make a bar to attach 2-3 or whatever side by side.

--
Steve W.