Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Durable Paint

I have some metal parts that need restoring, but since powder coating is not available in my area and I'm sure too expensive for this project I was hoping to get opinions on the most durable paint available.

So far I've come up with appliance epoxy, but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Harbor Freight has a powder coat gun that has pretty good reviews. In addition to the sprayer you need an oven. I do not have one so can't really comment.

Years ago I worked at a company that used staple guns. The Duofast rep recommended using Sherwin Williams epoxy spray cans to paint the heads of the staples. So we would spray the heads of the staples before using them. The Sherwin Williams paint survived the staple gun.

Dan