Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default California Drought pics

On 3/24/2015 4:33 AM, dpb wrote:

It hardened people in different ways, some became so concerned even
after the era was over they never did recover.

Had an aunt that, while not scarred by the depression, it did leave a
lasting impression. When I was about 12 or so my dad won a company
contest, earning a trip for two to Vegas. So Aunt Nita came to take care
of us 4 kids. First morning, she prepped our breakfast, bowls of
oatmeal. The usual glass of milk was missing and we pointed this out to
her. I fondly remember her sharp look and commenting "What, milk in a
glass? You have milk on your cereal!" We assured her we always had a
glass of milk too. She finally relented, but sternly warned she would
check with our parents...

Jon