Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default California Drought pics

If some in California had not cancelled or re-manufactured
the nuke power stations - they could for years drive desalination
stations into water.

They need to start filling the lakes. Even the lake in death valley.

LA for years dumped water into the ocean because they got a sweet heart
deal on water. Get it if they didn't need it. Don't give it to the
farmers let them dry out and drop the large lakes in Northern Ca.

Sometimes I think CA deserves itself. Short sighted.....

Martin

On 3/22/2015 10:34 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:20:51 +1100, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 3/21/2015 8:19 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Kiss your lawn goodbye.

I read an article a while back about California fining residents of some
towns for watering their lawns, while one of the cities in the affected
area, says it will fine those that don't water their lawns.
Only in California....
About time for the guys that spray paint dead lawns green to make a
comeback.

But another article predicts if the drought holds a few more years, a
huge portion of California residents will move elsewhere, devastating
the economy.

Jon

We really need to find ways to deal with this. It's going to affect
the whole country in negative ways if we don't.

There's a lot of development work going on with desalination, and I
don't doubt they can solve the drinking-water problem, and take care
of residential and even indistrial use. But agriculture is going to be
tougher, and we depend heavily on California produce.

I suspect that other parts of the country, ones that are now producing
mostly grain crops, could take up the slack. But that would mean huge
displacements of people and production.

I don't know the numbers, and numbers are the big story here, but my
feeling is that we're not taking this issue seriously enough. Even if
it is a natural cycle, and that it will solve itself in the long run,
as Keynes said, in the long run, we're all dead.