Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody built a pulse magnetiser?

wrote in message
All,
I have been looking online and have found lots of info but I would
also like to hear from anyone here who has actually done what I want
to do. The goal is to magnetise a heat treated to 40 Rc steel rod
that
is .200 in diameter in the radial direction. The area to be
magnetised
needs to be about .350" from the end of the rod. The magnetism can
be
pretty weak, it only needs to hold a steel sleeve in place for a few
seconds. But the end of the rod must have a very weak magnetic
strength, weak enough that it won't even hold a straight pin.
Thanks,
Eric

Do you have a demagnetizer to erase mistakes?

-jsw