Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:21:12 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sun, 22 Mar 2015
08:42:35 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I always work on the flat; won't go under a car on a hill. But I
don't always have chocks. I do demand a jack stand, plus the jack as
a backup, whenever I'm under a vehicle. I've seen local people lose
legs to cars falling off jacks and I swore I'd never become one of the
casualties to that simple mistake. If jack stands aren't available, I
stack concrete blocks and tubafores up until it's safe to crawl under.

We'd pulled the engine out of a VW van in Cairo. Told Dave to put
it back. He attempted to slide the engine back in, balanced on a
bottle jack (all we had with us). It did not work, and he "only"
cracked a tooth when it hit his face. I sent him to bed, said I'd
take care of it.
The next day, rather than attempt to move the engine into the van,
I blocked up the engine on bricks, then had two guys push the van
while I manhandled the transmission to align. "easy peasy" - if a bit
longer.

It was a heck of a trip, the starter motor on the 1959 Mercedes
touring bus failed, and we had to push start it every time, until we
could get back to Germany.

Are you as impressed with quality Cherman engineering as I am?

--
The Road to Success...is always under construction.
--anon