Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
news
"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 21 Mar 2015 07:39:51

I can become too distracted by diagnosing the problem or having to
communicate intelligibly with a helper to remember to double-check
that the emergency brakes are on and the opposite corner wheel
chocked
on both sides. It's easy to forget that Park doesn't restrain the
vehicle when one drive wheel lifts off the ground.

I must not be that "good" - I seem to start with "handbrakes,
chocks, jack stands ... now what is the problem?"

--
pyotr filipivich

Even high-hour pilots can become distracted from their habituated
routine by problems and fly into the ground, that's one of the reasons
for the Cockpit Voice Recorder and the Stall and PULL UP! warnings.
They have this reminder of their priorities:
"Aviate, Navigate, Communicate"
https://www.pea.com/blog/posts/6-pil...hould-live-by/

We considered the effect on situational awareness while developing
advanced aviation electronic aids for the FAA at Mitre. (I just
listened.)

The Red Baron died from a dumb mistake, and I'm not immune.

-jsw