Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 19:06:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 00:19:01 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:58:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:23:11 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:40:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Newp. Iffen you didn't buy them from the dealer, you bought a used
car. Like gravity, it's the LAW!

I bought the Taurus from the dealer that sold it new to the first
owner - does that count????

Close, but no seegar.

I had a fun half hour this morning. Y'know that new battery I bought
a couple weeks ago? The old one decided it would die on me this
morning on the way to a job. I lucked out, listening to my intuition
those weeks ago, so I was back on the road in 20-some odd minutes.

What? You didn't pop the battery open and repair it??? (BG)

Touche! Yeah, pop the lid, hold a lighter over it while looking for
the open circuit or crusty cell, and...

I have actually repaired batteries in the past - back when you had
tar-tops on rubber cases. I've repaired intercell connectors, and I've
drained and flushed batteries and replaced acid to get more life out
of them.(batteries shorted by all the active material flaked off the
plates filling the reserve at the bottom of the case) In warm climate
like central Africa you didn't need all the cranking power like you do
in cold weather like a Canadian winter. I cut the negative post off a
12 volt truck battery with a bad second cell and screwed it to the
center intercel link to make a 6 volt battery for my '53 VW Beetle
because a new battery was a month's pay. No more back seat, but at
least I didn't need to use the crank any more (I added the crank -
using part of the gland nut from an old land-rover welded to the
crank-bolt of the VW) I just about broke my wrist for the THIRD time
several times forgetting to knock the timing back before cranking it.

When you are in a "third world" situation, you do what needs to be
done!!!