Lazarus Long

Default Wood is where you find it -- desert ironwood

nice box

On Sat, 29 May 2004 00:18:36 GMT, "Ken Vaughn"
wrote:

Several months ago I found what looked to be a large limb in an antique
shop. When I picked it up I could not believe how heavy it was -- on close
examination, I knew immediately what it was -- Desert Ironwood. I paid $3
for it. It was decades old, dirty and gnarled, but still promising. I
turned it down to get to the heartwood and was disappointed in the amount
which ended up on the floor, but what was left looked promising. I looked
at that cylinder for a long time, trying to come up with a shape which would
make the most of what was left. Here's what I came up with.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/ironwood_box.jpg

I have been turning for a couple of years -- here are some of my other
projects.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/woodturning.html