Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:58:26 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:23:11 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:40:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:12:09 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:15:59 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:12:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:39:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:
You'll not convince me to own a used car.

You've owned one for over 6 years!!!. It's a used car as soon as you
drive it off the dealer's lot.

Nah, it's not a used car until you have to do major repairs on it.

Then my 96 Ranger and 02 Taurus are still new cars!!!!!

If you bought them new, then they are. g

The guy who I bought them from bought them new, but by that criteria,
since he had no major repairs before he sold them to me, they were
still "new" cars!!! So I bought 2 new vehicles for $1500 and $6500.
BEAT THAT!!!

Newp. Iffen you didn't buy them from the dealer, you bought a used
car. Like gravity, it's the LAW!

I bought the Taurus from the dealer that sold it new to the first
owner - does that count????

So pull the cover and put in a new spring, whydontcha?

I bought a pair of brand new handles for $7 from China - shipping
included. I think the plastic the spring connects to broke and for $7
I won't waste any time trying to fix it.

I'll spend time trying to fix crappy parts if it's a comfort or safety
thing. Hot-air-weld on another tab and reattach the spring, wot?
Drill a new hole next to it and reattach, etc. That's half the fun of
being a mechanic: knowing exactly what you can get away with. vbg

Yea, but when I get it apart and find the part is NOT repairable, I
then have to go and buy a new part, and then I'll want to fix it SOON,
so I won't be able to afford to buy offshore for about ten cents on
the dollar compared to local dealer parts or twenty cents on the
dollar compared to Dorman replacements mail order or from local
jobber.

Well, if you're not smarter than the cheap Chiwanese part, then...

For something like this, which I only want to take apart and fix ONCE,
I'll buy the new part ahead of time when the price is right. Half an
hour out at the hangar and it will be fixed - and STAY fixed.

I had a fun half hour this morning. Y'know that new battery I bought
a couple weeks ago? The old one decided it would die on me this
morning on the way to a job. I lucked out, listening to my intuition
those weeks ago, so I was back on the road in 20-some odd minutes.

What? You didn't pop the battery open and repair it??? (BG)