Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:54:00 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:40:22 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Your 96 Ranger is newer than my Ranger, though mine has been getting
newer piece by piece.

Next question:
How do you seal the air leak along the bleeder threads when vacuum
bleeding? I didn't want to squirt on something incompatible that might
get back into the cylinder.

I don't vacuum bleed mine. I get someone to help me. When working in
the trade, that's what apprentices were for - I'd pump the pedal and
HE would get sprayed!!!.
I've actually found that single handedly I can usually bleed most
brakes pretty well by JUST cracking the bleader and forcing the last
air out past the threads.Releasing the pedal slowly doesn'r draw in
enough air to cause a problem. Disk brakes bleed themselves.

A neighbor was home and helped by pushing the pedal, which finally
blew out the air that was keeping it soft. My usual one-man method of
depressing the pedal with a broomstick bungee'd to the steering wheel
wasn't forceful enough to clear out bubbles.

-jsw