Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:47:00 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:56:46 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

A problem I didn't mention is getting on and off a creeper without
cracking the Chinese rubber soles of my shoes by bending my toes
back
too far. I can roll on and off cardboard but have trouble getting up
from a creeper without a hand hold.

How's your gut size? I can lean forward, leaning my torso between
my
legs and get a moving thrust with my legs to get up from the
creeper.
It sounds like you need to get a better brand of shoes, too. The two
brands I'm wearing now are the standard old British (Made in ROC)
Reebok Classics and the Denali (Fabrique en Chine) low walking
boots.
Their soles last 3+ years of hard use before even thinking of
wearing
out, and it's usually the little toe area of the uppers which is
worn
through, because I often sit crosslegged when working at ground
level
painting or such. The soles are good for eons, and I seldom walk
less
than half a mile a day, usually 1-1.5 miles.

What I need is a better brand of feet.

Ouch!

These suffered from many long miles running in the thin-soled shoes of
the 60's plus a few motorcycle mishaps. They like the thick soft
(weak) foam soles of Walmart's cheap sneakers better than my
considerable collection of more expensive shoes and boots.

I have to buy thick soled shoes for the arch support. The Reebok
Classics are 1" thick with excellent arch support, and I can stand on
concrete all day without too much trouble. The Denalis just work
better for handyman work, with their lugged soles, but I can't shovel
too hard in them due to their thinner sole. Luckily, I don't do much
shoveling. And with the HF power auger, I now do even less.

Speaking of which, do you guys know what to do to keep that little
darling from leaking all its 80/90W gear oil out its shaft? Is there
anything available, like motor honey (STP), which can be used to
thicken it? I doubt I can redesign a lower transmission cover to hold
the shaft better.

-- Sir Winston Churchill