edward tabachek

Default Supernova 2 chuck

That whole Super Nova Deluxe/Titan, 2-hole/3-hole thing is way too confusing
for the buying public to keep track of. And why should we. It still remains
that my dealer says that he has not heard about any 3-hole slides and he
does not have any info about upgrades. Discount? Phoey, These slides should
be sent to chuck owners gratis. My dealer should have a record of my
purchase.
BTW, Oneway Will replace the old Stronghold gearing with the new improved
one; the chuck has to go back to the factory though. An unfortunate expense
but the owner can have it repaired and upgraded at the same time.
I am not a naive woodturner. I have been at this for many, many years and I
have found that many times I know more about the products used in this
hobby.. er.. business than the clerks who are paid to purvey these same
products. It is a good thing that we have the internet and this list and
your writings Lyn, to keep abreast of problems and improvements.
I have bought many Teknatool products, later to find that the short comings
have been improved. I, for example, had to pay for an improved chuck key
because the original one performed like someone with erectile dysfunction.
A fellow turner, fed-up with the floppy around key, modified his chuck with
a wooden collar to help guide the key into place. We should not have to
customize these products or go looking for upgrades to get them to work
well,as they should have in the first place
This has been my experience and I think my opinions are valid. Thanks for
listening.

Lyn, I would appreciate receiving the "pdf" the Deluxe jaws upgrade