Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flare brake lines?

"Steve W." wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 15:03:58 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
I just apply band-aides here & there nowadays when I have to.
The
road
salt finally caught up with it and my age/situation destroyed
any
ambition I once had...
Leon Fisk
I hear ya. Crawling under the car reminds me I'm getting old.
Time to buy a creeper. What a difference it makes in ease!

I have three of them, one a Bone that my sister gave me for
Christmas on the advice of her mechanic husband. And I still prefer
cardboard for wrenching in one spot because it's slippery enough to
move around on but I stay in place while pulling hard with both
hands.

Plastic sheet snow sleds work well too. I keep one under the
truck's bed liner so it's always handy. The one for the car has
foam laminated to the hard plastic and is fairly comfortable on
gravel. Both can be used to pad cargo.

-jsw

I have a few creepers but one of my favorite items is actually the
original version of
http://www.harborfreight.com/folding...pad-93896.html

It's padded so it's comfortable,water/oil proof, lightweight and
because of the padding if you have a cold floor it doesn't telegraph
the cold like cardboard does.

One of the creeper I use a lot is a modifies ATD unit like this
http://atdtools.com/81046
I added a lever that I can pull that puts 2 hockey pucks onto the
floor to lock the creeper in place. Makes a big difference if you
need to pull on a wrench.
Also have a topside creeper, that thing is great with modern
vehicles when you need to get to the rear of the engine.

--
Steve W.

A problem I didn't mention is getting on and off a creeper without
cracking the Chinese rubber soles of my shoes by bending my toes back
too far. I can roll on and off cardboard but have trouble getting up
from a creeper without a hand hold.
-jsw