Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Flare brake lines?

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 09:45:43 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I consider myself ahead if I spend less than $2000 on repairs per
year, versus spending $20,000 on a new vehicle that lasts ten years.
The paving counted as that year's car expense. Most years it's less
than $100, plus a lot of my (retired) time.

I agree, in a similar situation, have done the same kind of figuring. My
old truck has manual windows that have never failed me, no air
conditioning, no backup camera, no engine computer, no tire air
pressure warning, no anti-skid brakes... all that stuff is just a big
repair hassle here in Michigan where they spread salt on the roads with
no abandon...

One of these days I'll either have to give up and buy something else or
quit driving, which is a huge expense. I have one other person
depending on me at the moment so I need the vehicle...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b