Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Markings on "owner" gas cylinders

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:me3rv7$9ls
:

They may not want to sell you acetylene unless you can transport it
safely outside the vehicle, like secured upright in the bed of a
pickup.

Yeah... my 'local' NAPA store is the only place closer than 30 miles away
that has gas, and they don't carry every gas in every size of container.

They will readily swap out my tanks, even though I go a year sometimes
before finishing off acetylene. Although he's _remarked_ about the age,
he's never refused to swap.

But he won't let me take a tank unless I have an open truck or my
trailer. I tried once in a cargo van, and he wouldn't allow it to be
loaded. I think he's a smart guy.

LLoyd