Randy Rhine

Default Supernova 2 chuck

So...are you complaining because manufactures don't come out with a
"perfect" product right off the bat, or because they don't offer
trade-ins? Other than vehicles, not many manufacturers offer a trade-in
program. And it's mostly a convienience...you can usually get more by
going to the trouble of selling it yourself.

If you're happy with the product and it does what you want, what does it
matter that a newer version is coming out? And if you're not happy, you
should've returned it.

If you do decide to upgrade, and decide to sell your current one, let me
know (provided it has a 1x8 thread). I could use another chuck. Ebay
is another alternative if you decide to sell it.

randy

edward tabachek wrote:
The car dealer will allow me to trade in my old, out of date model on the
new and improved model. Teknatool retailers are not interested in buying
and selling used stuff, they do not have a buy-back program.
BTW, I bought the 5" Delux Super Nova because it seemed to be everything the
Nova was not. The ink was not yet dry on my cheque to the CC company when I
read that the Jaw slides were upgraded to a 3- hole pattern and the chuck
was renamed "The TITAN". My Teknatool retailer has yet to receive
information about this improvement from Teknatool. Maybe he wants to
sell-off his existing stock of Super Nova Delux (Titan) chucks before
bringing out the new and improved ones.
I just don't recall Oneway or Vicmarc having to upgrade or improve their
products (chucks or live centers) after releasing them to the retail market.