Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] walter_evening@post.com is offline

Default Clear vs black threading oil?

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 9:16:46 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Gerry wrote:
When you say "lard oil", are you talking about the white stuff from
the grocery store that used to me used for frying? Never messed with
it but always figured it was a solid like Crisco. I would use the
material in question for drilling large holes in steel mostly. I have
other stuff that I use for tapping (TapMagic) and machining Tri-cool
or WD40). Have used kerosine in the past but did not like the smell.

I've used Crisco on the lathe . Brush it on the part , the heat
of cutting melts it . Made me hungry though .

A burrito bake in the oven with Crisco isn't bad.