Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. slocomb John B. slocomb is offline

Default Darren Wilson innocent

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:15:33 -0500, Ignoramus13209

On 2015-03-10, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:31:11 -0500, Ignoramus27247
wrote:

I highly recomment to everyone that you read, or at least, skim
through, the DOJ report on Ferguson. It details a highly disturbing
patterns of their PD and their court as well.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...oj-report.html

What..that 68% of their population is poor blacks and more blacks get
arrested there than do other races?

Funny that.. only 13% of the US population is black..yet 58% of our
prison population is black. So either we have really aggressive cops
against blacks..or blacks commit crimes way..way..way the **** beyond
their percentage of the population.

Given the number of blacks in many police departments in areas with
similar situations...such as Detroit whose police department and city
government is black...Id have to say that blacks commit crimes way way
beyond their percentage of the population.

Or do you disagree and we all be honky racists?

I want you to read the report. It is about much more than
"discrimination". It is about how abusive Ferguson police is and how
the municipal court is nothing but a machine to rubber stamp police
abuse and collect extra revenues in forfeited bond payments, late fees
due to not notifying defendants of court dates, etc.

Very little of the report deals with race and much of it deals with
generic police and court abuse.

U.S. police departments and courts have been actively engaged in
increasing the income of the "legal system", probably as long as they
have been in existence.

"Speed Traps" where the town posts a much lower speed limit and then
"catches" the speeding drivers a foot past the sign were extremely
common, particularly in the Southern part of the U.S. and mainly on
the main routes that "outsiders" would travel on. U.S. Route 1 was
very well known for speed traps in N & S Carolina and Georgia designed
to catch the tourists traveling from the North to Florida for a winter
vacation.

Or "Judge" Roy Bean and the "Law West of the Pecos" :-)

So the fact that this existed should not come as a surprise but the
fact that the citizens of the town allowed it to exist, may well
indicate that the citizens are more interested in keeping law
enforcement costs to a minimum and less interested in "justice".

Although, "justice" quite often means that "he got what he deserved"
and not "I got what I deserved" :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.