Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default Another potential MOT use

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 12:17:06 PM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2015 09:01:26 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 21:36:16 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Time to hit the appliance store and see if you can get parts off a
washer being scraped.

In the PNW people seem to have good luck with Motion sensors tied
to a solenoid water valve. When the motion sensor detects
something , it turns on the water to a sprinkler. The deer go
somewhere to eat where they do not get wet.

Dan

Superb ! I have a motion sensor from a light that I thought had
failed , turned out it was burned out bulbs . It has a photocell
buuilt in so it won't come on in the daytime , and that's just what
I need .

Squirt some black RTV in the hole to the sensor, or just bypass it.

Why ? They don't come around in the day time , almost always at
night or dusk/dawn . I can somewhat control the light level needed
by where I aim the sensor - IIRC that p-cell has a movable device to
block all or part of the light needed to trigger . I'll have to dig
it out of the box of electrical stuff and see just what I have .

My bad. I read that as a complaint and offered a solution. Never
mind. You have what you need...until they come during the day. THEN
you squirt the RTV.

No , then I squirt lead .

No, you squirt RTV. (Don't say that other out loud while Big Brother
is watching, got it?)

The whitetails around here are a pain in the ass most of the year .
Odd how they all disappear when hunting season comes around .

A lot of it here in OR is from idiots feeding the damned wild animals.
My neighbor has tossed his rotted veggies out back and now we have a
gazillion skunks digging up our yards (and my bark shred/chips where I
removed the front grass) and stinking up the place when they get run
over or scared. And I have a raccoon ****ting on my woodpile
(salvaged deck boards under a corrugated cover. Locals feed their
dogs, cats, birds, and (now) wild animals outside. sigh Some
people's kids, I swear...

More nonsense: Research in Liverpool shows that they will
start saving the environment from AGWK (aka: Globular
Swarming) by sucking
up all the CO2 and methane from the atmosphere with: dry
water.
http://www.gizmag.com/dry-water-stor...dioxide/16138/

Stupid people tricks never end, do they?

Poor Larry. Trying to stop global warming would hurt you sooo much, wouldn't it?? Boo-hoo.