Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Darren Wilson innocent

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:57:23 -0500, Ignoramus27247

On 2015-03-10, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:31:11 -0500, Ignoramus27247
wrote:

I highly recomment to everyone that you read, or at least, skim
through, the DOJ report on Ferguson. It details a highly disturbing
patterns of their PD and their court as well.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...oj-report.html

Fortunately, they replaced the municipal judge today -- he
"resigned.". But he's also the municipal judge in another town, and
he's keeping that job.

I'm surprised nobody seems to be talking about putting him in prison
yet. It sounds like the feds have enough to put him away.

The neighboring municipalities, probably, are just as bad. Ferguson is
investigated because of a death that happened, by accident, in
Ferguson and not a neighboring municipality.

Far too many municipalities in the US are just as bad. But just
reading the TOC of that DOJ report makes my skin crawl. It can't have
been unbiased. The actively bigoted black community in Ferguson could
be part of the reason it became the way it did, too. No doubt, it's a
mess there.

The black contractor cooling down after basketball seemed somewhat
innocent until the expired license/no license on him deal came up.
What else was he doing while cooling down and why did the cop report
pedophile suspicions? Did the cop watch him for awhile before this?
The whole thing seem hinky to me. I'm white and I don't go anywhere
without ID, since not having any with me could get me arrested and
detained. I grew up respecting police, and I still do, but I've seen
my share of inconsistencies within their ranks.

The deal with cop who arrested the two kids for fighting after telling
them to go home seems hinky, too. He was probably a father himself
and knew that to separate the kids was enough to stop the problem. I
don't blame him for arresting them the second time and support his
instruction to them, -rather- than an initial arrest. They need to be
taught (or better taught) some de-escalation tools, as well.

That said, I believe it is time for less tactical equipment and less
tactical training, plus much more range time and more legal training
for officers. PDs around the nation are failing to provide proper and
adequate training practices and procedures. The fact that the -vast-
majority of rounds fired by officers actually hit anything they were
aiming at is of utmost importance to immediately correct.

And it's time for people of color to lose the attitude toward police
officers when it's they themselves who are causing a lot of the police
attitude toward people of color.

Cop cams are a great idea. They will help keep both sides accountable
and will provide the entire story, not just the cop's report, and they
will bring loads of -usable- evidence into court.

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.