Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another potential MOT use

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 21:36:16 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Time to hit the appliance store and see if you can get parts off a
washer being scraped.

In the PNW people seem to have good luck with Motion sensors tied
to a solenoid water valve. When the motion sensor detects
something , it turns on the water to a sprinkler. The deer go
somewhere to eat where they do not get wet.

Dan

Superb ! I have a motion sensor from a light that I thought had
failed , turned out it was burned out bulbs . It has a photocell
buuilt in so it won't come on in the daytime , and that's just what
I need .

Squirt some black RTV in the hole to the sensor, or just bypass it.

Why ? They don't come around in the day time , almost always at
night or dusk/dawn . I can somewhat control the light level needed
by where I aim the sensor - IIRC that p-cell has a movable device to
block all or part of the light needed to trigger . I'll have to dig
it out of the box of electrical stuff and see just what I have .

My bad. I read that as a complaint and offered a solution. Never
mind. You have what you need...until they come during the day. THEN
you squirt the RTV.

No , then I squirt lead . The whitetails around here are a pain in the ass
most of the year . Odd how they all disappear when hunting season comes
around .

--
Snag