Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another potential MOT use

On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 10:35:18 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 8:42:08 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Cost
prohibitive right now to fence the garden , at $3.50 per foot that's
almost 500 bucks for wire alone . Figure about double that with
posts , top rail , fittings , and concrete and we just don't have
that right now . An electric fence I can probably swing , at a
couple hundred for the unit , posts/standoffs , and wire if I spread
the purchases out . Retirement income only stretches so far ...

--
Snag

Time to hit the appliance store and see if you can get parts off a
washer being scraped.

In the PNW people seem to have good luck with Motion sensors tied to
a solenoid water valve. When the motion sensor detects something ,
it turns on the water to a sprinkler. The deer go somewhere to eat
where they do not get wet.

Dan

Superb ! I have a motion sensor from a light that I thought had failed ,
turned out it was burned out bulbs . It has a photocell buuilt in so it
won't come on in the daytime , and that's just what I need .

Squirt some black RTV in the hole to the sensor, or just bypass it.

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.