Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Once again !

wrote in message
On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 8:37:04 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Y'all have certainly heard how nasty it got in our part of the
country
night before last with several inches of snow on top of the ice -

--
Snag

We have been lucky in that a lot of the snow either goes North or
South of us. Last night was the exception. We got hit.

My wife bought a Toro 2 cycle snow thrower at a garage sale back when
it was warm. And I would recommend it. It does not clear a very wide
path, so I have to take four passes to clear the driveway. But it is
light and easy to push.

Yesterday I cleared the drive way while it was still snowing and ran
out of fuel. So today I mixed up some more fuel and went over it
again. It is not perfect, but it is as good as the road in front of
the house. The driveway is only about 200 yards long, so this works
for me. If I had a long drive, I would be looking for something
bigger.

Dan

I bought a used 3HP single-stage to clear close spaces such as around
the car. I found that my home-made roof rake (hoe) is the right tool
to break down deep snow in front of it when clearing paths.

Here in southern NH some places have recorded a total of over 100" of
snow and we were 1/10 degree short of the all-time record for coldest
February. Lets hope this year won't bring another "Marchuary" like
last year.

-jsw