Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power supply

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:10:57 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 08:11:12 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Now the power supply is hopelessly under size. What would you get,
especially with an eye on lightening protection?

Two Part suggestion

(1) biggest power supply that will fit the computer with
reasonable cost

(2) UPS which will also work as a super surge protector.

I still think 2 extra layers (lightning rod + WH suppressor) would be
required.

Some suggestions

http://tinyurl.com/p6z7j56

http://tinyurl.com/ln25btr

I have bought several items from Tiger and have been
satisfied with their service. I have had the UPS shown for
several years and it has worked with no problems.

Tiger also has some good deals on large capacity HD. I have
had good luck with Western Digital, although the back-up
software they supply with their drives sucks.
http://tinyurl.com/qhyrpks
http://tinyurl.com/l626wwf

Political commentary: NSA? installed "back door"
pre-installed on all hard drives.
http://tinyurl.com/plhw9a4
http://tinyurl.com/qa9vwzm

Privacy? What's that?

My [rhetorical] question is: With all this capability, and
the billions "we the people" spend on snooping, how were the
banks and other financial institutions able to run the
LIBOR, FX, commodities, etc. scams for so long, and why is
it so hard to track the tax evaders and money launderers?
Are our snooper troopers getting a "piece of the action,"
getting paid to look the other way, been ordered to look the
other way, or are they just stupid? The "terrorists" are
half a world away, and have no way to get here ==unless we
help them,== but the scammers and tax evaders are among us,
stealing from the majority every day.

Truly excellent questions, Unka. Every time I look at a larger
picture, I get even more pairs of noids. g The ultimate question:
_Which_ violent sociopath is actually in charge of said 'big picture'?

--
Stain and poly are their own punishment.