Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default power supply

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 10:51:28 -0600
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

snip
We now have a protocol in the shop that on my command OR at the
first
audible sign of thunder, every single piece of anything we want to
protect gets unplugged from EVERYTHING it's connected to... wall,
ethernet lines, phone lines... everything.

I'm in complete agreement on that method. I've been doing the same
for
years and haven't lost much. Missed an RS232 cable many years ago
and
that cost me an external modem. Still had some ground loops in
between
stuff even though everything else was pretty much unplugged. Working
at
a two-way radio shop with two ~160ft towers by the building didn't
help...
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Remove no.spam for email

I grouped the devices that most need isolation into one coax panel for
outdoor antennas and cameras and two accessible outlet strips, one for
the stereo rack and the other for the computer bench, so I can react
quickly to thunder.
-jsw