Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody got lengths of RG8x or 58A coax?

Gunner Asch on Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:31:48 -0800

I suspect..they want someone younger...hence my earlier posting about
age discrimination..IE that link. They were/are hiring (4) maint guys
and I was told I was on the top of the list...but..neither I nor the
headhunter has heard back from them..so I suspect they found someone
half as skilled..but half the age. Shrug

They don't realize what they're missing in hiring us old guys, do
they? Experience is both priceless and irreplaceable. So many of the
old, pre-technological age data we store will be lost when we're gone
and when (not if) the SHTF and technology is gone, they're going to be
in a world of ****e.

As I heard the stories, after the wall fell, and everybody was
heading East to make their fortune, the one group which was able to
handle conditions were the old farts. The ones who remembered how to
do business when the phones, lights and power went a bit "wonkey". As
they said of my grandfather in the thirties, he really didn't need the
phone to call headquarters (In Providence RI from Worcester Mass), he
could just yell and be heard down there.

--
pyotr filipivich