Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default THE ALARM Number 2

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 07:46:12 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 10:34:33 AM UTC-5, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 08:10:32 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

So, who is buying your vote? Nobody buys mine

I wish they would just hand me five bucks rather than stuffing my mailbox
with crap that's too glossy to even make decent kindling for the charcoal.

I have the same complaint. Since I stopped getting daily newspapers, I
have to scrounge in the recycling can for something that will burn in
my charcoal lighter.

That is kind of taking the tough way around things. For bar-b-q, I first put down twigs & sticks, then the charcoal and then a few drops of rubbing alcohol.

(it just seems so darn chemical free)

I have one of those cylindrical charcoal starters for which you use
two sheets of newspaper. It's the easiest and best starter I've ever
had, but you need real newspaper. I try to save one of the weekly
shoppers, but sometimes I have to go digging in the recycling to find
something that will burn.

The WSJ is hard and kind of shiny these days, and it doesn't burn
worth a damn.

As for the alcohol, I prefer ethanol, and that goes into the cook.

--
Ed Huntress